WORLD WALKING DAY – 24 H AROUND THE GLOBE :
Be active for a cause of your choosing and pass the baton!
On 3rd of October 2021 at 10.00 AM (your local time) participants from all over the world, people and organisations, will pass the baton across all time zones from east to west in a virtual relay to celebrate the power of sport and physical activity in unifying the world. International Nordic Walking Federation INWA) is proud to represents its member countries in this global event.
In 2020, dozens of thousands hailing from 65 countries on all continents took part and shared powerful messages of peace, access to sport and education for all, gender equality, health, and solidarity against COVID-19 among many other causes, working together to create the most inclusive and accessible 24-hour relay.
The event will take place everywhere on Sunday 3 October 2021 from 10am local time, connecting people by creating a wave across the world from east to west and covering all 24 time zones.
INWA is encouraging all of the member countries to join this virtual international relay!
If you want to participate:
- Please complete a short questionnaire. Deadline is 26 September 2021. This will help us to coordinate the on-line event more efficiently. Preferable activity time – 10 AM local time on 3rd of October.
Link to the questionnaire: http://webanketa.com/forms/6csk2d1j6wqk6c32cgw36d1k/
- On 3rd of October perform the Nordic walking activity (individually or in a group).
- Right after your activity send the screenshot of any sports app you are using as proof of your performed activity and your photo / video to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please, also feel free to publish the picture / short video from your Nordic walking activity or the moment of passing the baton on Facebook using tags #worldwalkingday #inwa!
We encourage all of our member countries to use this possibility!
Here are the messages that can be shared when passing the baton:
1. INWA Nordic Walking is healthy, easy to start and for all people !
2. INWA Nordic Walking can be learned easy through the INWA 10 Step Program!
3. INWA Nordic Walking improves your condition in an easy way !
4. INWA Nordic Walking – Every Step Counts !
In case you are recording a short video, you can say: “I am passing the poles to the next country”.
Manual on how to make a baton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uii5NDReRq0&feature=youtu.be