INWA NATIONAL TRAINER COURSE 24TH – 26TH JULY 2022 IN BRISTOL – United Kingdom
Only members of a National Nordic Walking organisation that meet below requirements, can take part in the INWA National Trainer course.
Please first read the below information and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is for INWA Instructors who wish to train at a national level, new or current instructors. National Trainers are trained and certified by INWA’s International Trainers.
A National Trainer is required to have at least six months experience as a Nordic Walking Instructor before they apply to be a National Trainer.
An INWA NATIONAL TRAINER (NT) is a licensed health and fitness professional who can provide education for INWA INSTRUCTORS and NW ACTIVITY LEADERS by order of the National Nordic Walking Association (NNWA) and is responsible for high quality education
- An INWA NT must sign a contract with INWA and the NNWA, in which they commit themselves to the education program of INWA Instructor course
- All Nordic Walking Instructor training courses must be organised by the NNWA. The NNWA selects an NT for each training course
- An NT is not allowed to organise any form of Nordic Walking education by themselves without permission of the NNWA
- An INWA NT is not allowed to give Nordic Walking Instructor courses outside their country without the permission of INWA and agreement from the NNWA.
In the case of an INWA NT moving to another country:
- A country with an INWA NNWA – permission is needed from INWA and the new NNWA to become a member of this NNWA and work as an NT in this country
- A country with no INWA NNWA – permission needed from INWA in order to work as a NT in this country (with the goal of setting a new NNWA in this country, after which the next point applies)
The number of INWA NT educated per country depends on the decision of the NNWA in co-operation with INWA
An INWA NT does not promote, work, train or educate in other Nordic Walking associations, federations or corporations other than the NNWA they represent (INWA). Such work would conflict with the interests of INWA
Qualifications and requisites:
- INWA Instructor with broad experience
- Qualifications in the fields of sport science or physical education or healthcare
- Is experienced in promoting INWA Nordic Walking
- Has demonstrable experience in transferring knowledge to students
- NNWA: may set their own additional prerequisites
Possess a current First Aid qualification
How to become a National Trainer:
STEP 1: NNWA selects a candidate for National Trainer
STEP 2: NNWA introduces candidate to INWA office. The introduction must be:
- Application letter with CV and a letter stating the reasons why they want to do the role of NT and why they will be good at it
- Video showing their teaching skills and own Nordic Walking technique
STEP 3: INWA Education Committee assesses the CV and video
STEP 4: INWA Education Committee reports the conclusions to INWA board
STEP 5: This conclusions will be communicated to the NNWA
STEP 6: INWA organises an NT course
- This can be held in Finland or in combination with the International Convention
- It can be organised in cooperation with the NNWA in their home country
License refreshing: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an important element of maintaining accreditation for INWA National Trainers. It can happen in two ways:
a. Participating in the complete annual INWA convention, and follow the lectures and practical workshops at least every 2 years.
b. Participating in their NNWA organised national convention where INWA has sent an International Trainer to deliver a special CPD program. This CPD has also a validation for 2 years
For more information send an e-mail to INWA Office