This course is for Instructors who wish to train at a national level, training new or current instructors. Trainers are trained and certified by INWA’s International Trainers. A trainer is required to have at least six months experience as a Nordic Walking Instructor before they apply to be a National Trainer.
The number of INWA National Trainers educated per country is a decision made by the National Nordic Walking association in conjunction with INWA. NNWA recommends the candidate(s) for the National Trainers Course to INWA.
Please apply to your National INWA Country Association / Federation
Next coming National Trainer course : 24-25-26th September 2019 – Sergiev Posad (Moscow)
Registered National Trainer
To be a Registered National Trainer, the following criteria apply:
- To be a Registered INWA Instructor
- Hold a university qualification in the areas of medicine, health, sport or fitness
- At least 6 months’ experience as an INWA Instructor
- Be approved by your National Nordic Walking Association
- Be able to give appropriate courses to instructors, theory as well as practice
- Be able to speak English
- Be able to improvise
- Successfully complete the INWA National Trainers’ Course
- Maintain registration by attending the INWA Convention at least every two years
- Participating in the Continuing Education Programme
The National Trainers’ Course
The National Trainers Course is a 2½ day programme delivered by an INWA International Trainer. It comprises a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
A National Trainers’ Course is delivered just before the annual INWA Convention by an INWA International Trainer. It may also be delivered in an INWA member country if there are sufficient numbers to fill the course.
In some situations, an INWA member may invite participants from other countries to join in on a course that they have arranged.
For more information, including the dates and location of the next National Trainers Course, please contact the INWA Office.