“You are what you eat” – that’s a saying we always hear! However, most people think about how food affects the body, but not the brain. The brain needs proper nutrients just like the rest of your body. It actually needs more energy to operate properly than other organs!
Here are 10 brain foods you can incorporate into your daily diet to maintain a healthy brain:
1. Salmon – Improves brain tissue development, fights cognitive decline.
2. Blueberries – Improve memory, reduce stress, reduce age-related declines in motor function and coordination.
3. Avocados – Increase blood flow and reduce blood pressure to maintain effective mind functioning.
4. Flax Seeds – Build and protect neurons, aid the processing of sensory information.
5. Coffee (in moderation) – Reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Dementia…and of course, gives you a brain energy boost!
6. Nuts – Improve memory and mental clarity, fight insomnia.
7. Whole Grains – Promote cardiovascular health, which improves circulation flow to the brain.
8. Tomatoes – Eliminate free radicals in your body, prevent age-related cognitive diseases.
9. Eggs – Provides energy for your brain, improves memory.
10. Dark Chocolate (in moderation) – Increases focus and concentration, improves your mood!
What foods do you eat to keep your mind active & healthy? Let us know!
This entry was posted by Ariel Niu.