According to the decision of the International Nordic Walking Federation, the Polish Nordic Walking Association PZNW has been granted the rights to organize the INWA World Nordic Walking Championships 2022 in Poland.
Aki Karihtala – President of INWA: INWA is the largest federation in the world with member organisations in over 20 countries. We have been organizing for many years the INWA Nordic Walking World Cup-series and now we have reached the point, where we also want to introduce the Nordic Walking World Championships to the global Nordic Walking community. We will organise our first World Championships in 2022 in co-operation with our member organisation, Polish Nordic Walking Association (PZNW) in Poland.
Press Release from PZNW:
Please be advised that we are opening registration to INWA – Nordic Walking World Championships 2022.
The INWA Nordic Walking World Championships will be held on September 3-4, 2022 in the city of Szklarska Poręba at “Polana Jakuszycka” in Poland.
We invite everyone interested in participation to registration on the following website: http://nwwc2022.eu/inwa_nw/
We also inform that competition program and rules of competition you will find on the registration website.
The INWA Nordic Walking World Championships will be held at the following distances:
5 km, 10 km, 21.1 km, 4×5 km Relays
More information about “Polana Jakuszycka” and Lower Silesia Sports Center facilities can be found: https://polanajakuszycka.pl/
Additionally we inform that the Lower Silesia Sports Center will be put into use in 2022.
Nordic Walking World Championships will be one of the first sports events on this new sports facilities in this year.
For competitors from outside of Poland, please contact on e-mail: email@example.com
For additional questions for Polish competitors please contact on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
With sports regards
Date of the championships: September 02-04, 2022
Place: Polana Jakuszycka, Jakuszyce 8, 58-580 Szklarska Poręba, Poland
The program of the championships
Friday – September 2, 2022
• 16:00 – 20:00 – Opening competitors accreditation office – TIC (Technical Information Center)
• 18:00 – Opening ceremony of the INWA Nordic Walking World Championship – Szklarska Poremba 2022,
parade of national teams.
Saturday – September 3, 2022
• 8:00 – 16:00 – Opening competitors accreditation office – TIC
• 10.00 – Start on the distance – 21.1 km
• 11:45 – Start on the distance – 10 km
• 13:30 – Medals Award Ceremony – distance 21.1 km
• 14:30 – Medals Award Ceremony – distance 10 km
• 16:00 – Start on the distance – 5 km
• 17:30 – Medals Award Ceremony – distance 5 km
Sunday – September 4, 2022
• 8:00 – 9:30 – Opening competitors accreditation office – TIC
• 10.00 – Relays start – 4 x 5 km (national teams)
• 13:30 – Medals Award Ceremony – relays distance 4×5 km
• 14:00 – Closing ceremony of the INWA Nordic Walking World Championship – Szklarska Poremba 2022
Jerzy Krauze, the vice-president of PZNW, is authorized to foreign contacts. Phone number +48 604 250 932
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FROM DECEMBER 15TH, 2021 !
The INWA NW Champs 2022 will be held in an open formula, regardless of whether competitor is a member of INWA or another Nordic Walking organization.
Importantly is that each participant applies for the competition individually, not by the NW national federation.
Relays start as national teams: e.g. Poland 1, Poland 2, Poland 3, Finland 1, Finland 2, Japan 1, Japan 2, Japan 3., Germany 1, Germany 2 etc.
Competitors match in an open formula.
Who will be included to the national team must be decided by the National Team Manager.
Team Manager will present the final relay teams and register in the Competition Office in accordance with the LOC information, which will be presented in the rules of competitions at a later date.
• Mixt relay – 2 women and 2 men
• Mixt relay 60+ (each competitor must over 60 years old)
Important information for competitors, we recommend that participants of the INWA 2022 Championship wear national T-shirt and shorts (relating to national colours).
“Disclaimer: Neither INWA nor the Race Organiser can be held liable for changes to or cancelation of Race Events”