IF YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN YOUR PASSWORD FROM YOUR COUNTRY MEMBER. Click here.
This programme has been developed by Gilly Davy, an INWA-registered NW Instructor from Sydney Australia. This e-learning course has been designed for qualified INWA coaches and instructors, to enable greater understanding of the complexities of working with clients with neurological conditions.
By the end of this module you will be able to explain;
- The basic concept of pathology behind Parkinson’s Disease and its effect on the body
- Common clinical presentations of Parkinson’s Disease
- Gait alterations that may be seen with Parkinson’s Disease
- The benefits of exercise specifically for Parkinson’s Disease
- The potential benefits of Nordic walking for people with Parkinson’s Disease
- The teaching considerations and risks when Nordic walking with people with Parkinson’s Disease
- How you may adapt the INWA 10 step process to assist in teaching people with Parkinson’s Disease to Nordic walk
Self paced elearning module will take approximately 8-10 hours
Cost: 279 AUD (€191)
There is a great deal of information and some excellent tips on adapting the INWA 10 Steps to suit these clients. Accordingly, the availability of the programme is limited to registered INWA Coaches and Instructors.
INWA Continuing Education Programme
The completion of this programme has been approved as part of the INWA Continuing Education Programme. By completing the course, an Instructor will receive INWA registration for a further two-year period and a INWA/Connect Physio certificate.
If you are interested in taking the course, get in contact with your Country Membership office. You will need to be given a Password to enable you to access the course.