In 2013, INWA developed its INWA Nordic Walking Competition Rules. These were approved at the INWA AGM.
The Rules require a number of referees to assist the organisers of an INWA-approved competitive event to:
- Certification by the Chief Judge (Referee) that the course distance is correct
- Certification by the Chief Judge (Referee) that the course distance is safe
- Ensure that the INWA Competitive Rules are adhered to by the organiser
- Ensure that the INWA Competitive Rules are adhered to by the competitors
- To make disqualification rulings under Clause 13 of the INWA Nordic Walking Competition Rules
- To hear any appeals against decisions made by the referees
- To sign off on the results of the event
INWA Referee Course
INWA is currently developing the INWA Referee Course. The criteria for participants and course content will be posted in due course.