In 2013, INWA developed the first INWA Nordic Walking Competition Rules. Several competitions were held with these rules since then.
In 2019 the team of International Trainers, under the lead of Naohiro Takahasi, revised the rules into a better format. New Guidelines and rules were developed to make your event safer and reliable.
The INWA Competition rules require a number of referees to assist the organisers of an INWA-approved competitive event to:
- Certification by the Chief Judge (Referee) that the course distance is correct
- Certification by the Chief Judge (Referee) that the course distance is safe
- Ensure that the INWA Competitive Rules are adhered to by the organiser
- Ensure that the INWA Competitive Rules are adhered to by the competitors
- To make disqualification rulings under Clause 13 of the INWA Nordic Walking Competition Rules
- To hear any appeals against decisions made by the referees
- To sign off on the results of the event
Course dates for INWA Race Official (Referee) Courses:
In April 2019 the first special Race Officials Course will take place in Estonia.
When you are interested to learn more about this course, or want to organise this INWA Race Official course in your own member country, you can send an email to INWA Office.
JNFA (INWA Japan) announces below dates and venues of Race Official courses in Japan in August 2019.
11.8.2019 Sun in Kyoto
Doshisha University / Shikokan Building Room SK101
Address. 647-20 Shokokuji Monzen-cho, Kamidachiuri-agaru,
Karasuma-dori, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto-shi 602-0898
12.8.2019 Mon in Tokyo
National Olympics Memorial Youth Center / Central Building
Address. 3-1. Yoyogi Kamizono-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0052