In order for INWA to ensure the delivery of high-quality education, there are guidelines for the criteria to be met if you are looking to be a National Trainer or an INWA Instructor.
Registered National Trainer
To be a Registered National Trainer, the following criteria apply:
- To be a Registered INWA Instructor
- Hold a university qualification in the areas of medicine, health, sport or fitness
- At least 6 months’ experience as an INWA Instructor
- Be approved by your National Nordic Walking Association
- Be able to give appropriate courses to instructors, theory as well as practice
- Be able to speak English
- Be able to improvise
- Successfully complete the INWA National Trainers’ Course
- Maintain registration by attending the INWA Convention at least every two years
- Participating in the Continuing Education Programme
Registered INWA Nordic Walking Instructor
To be a Registered INWA Instructor, the following criteria apply:
- Successfully complete an INWA Instructors’ course delivered by one of your National NW Association’s Registered National Trainers.
- To meet the educational requirements set by your National NW Association
- To meet the experience or practice requirements set by your National NW Association
- To be of good character
- To meet the laws and regulations of the country in which you are intending to offer your services as an instructor.
To establish the details of the criteria in your area, please contact your Country Member.