An INWA Nordic Walking Activity Leader is an experienced Nordic Walker who leads Nordic Walking groups.
An Activity Leader is appointed by the National Nordic Walking Association.
An Activity Leader is responsible for:
- Working with a Trainer or Instructor to promote Nordic Walking
- Can assist a Trainer or Instructor to deliver a Nordic Walking programme
- Leads groups on walks and other activities
- Ensures the safety of groups when involved in a walk or other activities
- Provides general information to NW participants
Please Note: An Activity Leader is not able to teach Nordic Walking.
Involving Activity Leaders
NNWAs, trainers and instructors should ensure the involvement of Activity Leaders by”
- Including them in plans to promote Nordic Walking
- Including them in plans to deliver a Nordic Walking programme
- Providing them with Newsletters
- Providing them with access to sponsors’ offers
- Providing them with information on the development of NW in their country and worldwide
- Linking them into the INWA Club page on the website.
NW Activity Leader Membership
- Federation Club Membership- Newsletter, advertising offers and information about what’s happening worldwide
- Annual membership Cost – €5
- Credentials – NONE – any Nordic Walker Activity Leader can join the club.